Welcome to Travelfootprints. We’re Audrey and Jack. We’ve been traveling as a couple right from the start of our relationship. That’s been twenty years now and we’re still married! We started a travel blog as a way to share our adventures with our friends and family. Now we’re sharing it with the world, or at least anyone that is interested.
We both love photography, so the it pairs nicely with our passion for travel. All the photos on this site are ours with the exception of small few that have been credited to their owner. In addition to our photography, we write about our experiences in the places we have been. There are some funny stories as well as useful tips and practical travel information.
In addition to the many countries we have visited around the world, we have done a lot of road trips through western Canada and the United States. We’ve gained quite a reputation for taking off on last minute adventures. If our friends and family can’t get a hold of us they know we’re out on the road somewhere and can’t wait to hear about what we’ve been up to.
Our home for most of our life has been on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. After returning from a fifteen month world trip we were craving a change from our familiar surroundings. We now have the privilege of being residents of Banff National Park in the beautiful Canadian Rocky Mountains. We’ve been taking full advantage of the incredible area that we live in. Our spare time is spent enjoying the mountains, glacier lakes and abundance of wildlife that we have around us.
Whether you are planning long-term travel or a shorter trip you many find some of our posts helpful such as Our World Trip Expenses, Vaccines And Medications, Packing List and How To Deal With Finances While Traveling.
Some Information About Our World Trip
To be able to fulfill our dream of an extended world trip we sold our house on Vancouver Island and got rid of a lot of our belongings in a series of garage sales. Everything we kept fit into a small storage locker.
We had a general idea of places we wanted to visit, but nothing was pre-planned. Most of the time we didn’t even know which country we would visit next. Looking back, we wouldn’t change a thing. We would have missed out on too many opportunities if we had to adhere to a schedule. We love to fully experience a place when we arrive by learning about the culture, trying new foods, listening to music and meeting locals as well as other travelers.
Our Other Travel Website For Banff And The Rocky Mountains
We have started a second travel website for Banff National Park and other areas of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. It provides helpful information, and local tips, such as when the best time to visit is and where to eat. It also features our photography of the beautiful area we are fortunate enough to live in. Check it out at BanffandBeyond.com
A Little About Us
- Jack is a very likeable character, he’s the strong silent type. That’s okay. I do enough talking for the both of us.
- He’s one of the original Jacks, before a million people starting having baby Jacks. Now they are everywhere!
- Loves Guinness – would drink it straight from the tap if allowed.
- Once told me at no point has there “not” been a song playing in his head. So the fact he loves music is a given. John Lennon is his all time favorite musician.
- Was once placed in a metal box by his brother and rolled down a hill towards the ocean.
- Spent some of his youth growing up on the hippie islands of Denman and Hornby in British Columbia. To this day he still remembers his lessons of macrame and beach combing that were part of the school’s curriculum.
- Could be described as having typical red-head syndrome, slightly crazy and a bit of a temper.
- Great sense of humour and loves a good laugh, like the kind that makes your head go back.
- Addicted to Starbucks chai tea lattes.
- Absolutely no sense of direction, would never get around the world without Jack. Once asked him where the “you are here” was on a map that was being held while walking around Disneyland.
- Slight vacuuming addiction, and madly crazy about Lenny Kravitz.
Contact or Follow Us
Feel free to send us an email, ask a question or make a comment. To email us, use the link in the “contact us” section on the right hand sidebar of this page. You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or sign up for our RSS feed. We love helping out with travel plans and information. We have certainly asked our fair share of questions prior to making some of our trips.
If you happen to be coming to the Rocky Mountains feel free to contact us for information about the area, or meet up for a coffee or drink.
Audrey and Jack